Historic Buildings

This local history collection covers Pittwater local government area, and to some extent Manly and Warringah. It includes photographs, books, documents, newspaper cuttings and oral histories.3,500 Photographs, 300 Books, Files, Documents, Oral histories, Maps, Displays
The Museum is housed in one of Katoomba's historic sandstone residences. Situated half a kilometre from Echo Point, The Three Sisters and The Scenic Railway, the Museum is on all mountain scenic bus routes.The Museum's collection of purses and handbags dates from 1650 to the late 1900s and shows examples of fashion excesses and trends. There are over 400 items in the collection demonstrating many craft techniques such as beadwork, crochet and embroidery.
The museum complex consists of four historical buildings: the old Court House, the R.S.L. Hall, Boyd's (fishing) Shed and the Deck House of the drogher 'Terranora'. The museum's collection is housed in the Soldiers Memorial Hall and contains an interesting array of maritime artifacts and photographs.

The old Court House contains the Resource Centre which has a rapidly growing collection of historical material available to the public. The Court House also contains the Photographic Gallery which has an impressive array of old prints of the Tweed and Twin Towns area.The museum's collection...
The Powerhouse Museum Research Library collection, services and staff expertise provide a rich research resource for museum staff, library visitors and colleagues in the cultural sector. The Research Library collection dates from the establishment of the museum in 1880. The collection is diverse and reflects the changing research requirements from the past and anticipates future research needs. The library collects to support exhibition development, publication production, education programmes, museology and corporate information needs.The research Library collection reflects the interests...
Bundanoon History Group Inc has a collection relevant to Bundanoon dating from 1862. The display is constantly rotated between the stack and display room. The collection contains photos, newspaper articles, essays and letters - of particular interest are those of Jordan's Crossing.The collection is mainly paper records: both text and photographs. There are photographs of schools and school children, class rolls covering almost 150 years of a village where agriculture, timber and coal industries flourished. Contemporary information is also collected.
The NSW Schoolhouse Museum is housed in the first school buildings of North Ryde Public School. The original schoolroom was built in 1877 and started with 45 children. A second room was added in 1893 and two further rooms were added in 1910. Each room, and the differences evident in their architecture, reflect the philosophy of education of each period - from the church-like appearance of the earliest room to the curved corners of the 1910 rooms designed to minimise dust.

The rooms have been authentically restored and furnished with original school furniture items together with displays of...
The gallery is housed in a historic coach house stables and grooms quarters. The society members' paintings are exhibited along with craft, pottery and painted porcelain. The society runs monthly demonstration days, life drawing and portrait evenings for members plus hosts the national Annual General Art Exhibition.Approximately 60 member's paintings.
Nine buildings housing items of historical interest to Walcha and the surrounding district. There is the Museum, Original Pioneer Cottage, Wool Museum, Tiger Moth Aeroplane Hangar. Walcha is situated on the Southern New England Tablelands and was discovered in 1818 and settled from 1832 - 1839. The local history centre houses an extensive collection of maps, books, ledgers, photographs and memorabilia about Walcha and the surrounding districts.Local community archival records and photographs, clothing collection, small Aboriginal artefact collection and Dendroglyph plus pioneer and...
Rockhampton Art Gallery is the major gallery in the region. We run touring exhibitions, film nights, workshops for adults and children and art appreciation workshops. The gallery space is used by various groups such as poetry and music, chamber music and drama groups.The Gallery has an extensive collection of two dimensional and three dimensional Australian artworks, particularly from the 50's, 60's and 70's era and we are increasing our contemporary collection. We have, in the past, collected many landscape and figurative images and are now broadening the themes to include urban subject...
The Museum was the old Muttaburra Hospital. Half of the Museum is a medical museum (as it was); the other half focuses on the local area, displaying the history of Muttaburra and places of interest.Approximately 1200 items and approximately 200 photographs
An early-this-century Central Queensland railway station containing railway station working equipment relevant to the steam train era and historic photos of local railway establishment around 1890-1900 era.Approximately 100-150 items and historic photographs
The building was a Bicentennial gift to Nundah. Volunteers from the Nundah and Districts Historical Society maintain records (photographs, maps, documents etc.) of the area from Virginia to Breakfast Creek and from Nundah east to Moreton Bay. The Society and the Centre promote within the community a knowledge of the history and heritage of this area, through a program of displays at the Centre and local festivals.
The museum is situated in ten hectares of parkland and houses a vast display of mining era memorabilia: housing, dairy display, mining equipment etc. It also features a railway museum and a light horse museum. The winding engine operates under steam a minimum of four times a year.Over 4,000 items
This extensive collection of local and Darling Downs history features a large display of memorabilia. The Allora and District Historical Society also has a second museum, the Old Shire Hall. This is located on the corner of Forde and Warwick streets. It provides facilities for reading and research as well as special displays. The Museum is open on the 4th Saturday in each month as well as by appointment. Admission is also $1.50.Approximately 10,000 items and 2,500 photographs
The building was built in 1888. The collection features old vintage vehicles, household furniture, tools and other domestic artefacts illustrating life in the Charleville district.Estimate 600 items
The Winton and District Historical Society have operated the Qantilda Museum since 1972. The members of the society are volunteers who donate their time to help educate people about the pioneers who built the outback. During the 28 year existence of the historical society a huge collection of outback memorabilia and artworks have been accumulated, documented and set out in such a way as to educate people on the livelihood of the aboriginal inhabitants and, the livelihood of the districts settlers and their descendants. A reading room, which is frequently updated, provides an immense...
This display concentrates on the history of the Port of Maryborough and how the city developed around the Port (an important river port and the Port of Entry for immigration)Approximately 5,000 items. Collection relates to the museum displays and the history of the Port of Maryborough and associated industries.
The museum represents the social and natural history of Eumundi through displays and historical documentation. The museum has digitised it's photographic collection and provides access to these images through a computer situated within the museum. Further records are added regularly. The museum is situated in the former Methodist church, built in 1911.300 objects, 200 natural history specimens, 2 500 photographs. The Eumundi Historical Museum contains social history collections, family history documentation, a comprehensive natural history collection and an extensive collection of historical...
The stone house was constructed in the 1880s. The Museum features local historical items of interest, including photographs, machinery, communications and cultural materials from the local area.The Stone House, The Fossil Museum, The Howard Cottage with photographs, medical and local items, rural items.
The village consists of over 60 buildings of Historical Significance to the Caboolture Shire and Environs. All the buildings are appropriately furnished or used for other useful and interesting purposes. The site also includes restored machinery and vehicles, some in good working condition.Approximately 14,000 items catalogued