Medals and Badges

The Museum has a large collection of photographs covering pioneer families, Aborigines, ex-servicemen from World Wars I and II, and modern photographs - all tracing Theodore's development. The displays include the history of early station families, arts and crafts, a pioneer kitchen and bedroom, Aboriginal artefacts, town plans and farm machinery.

Housed in our building are Historical records, photographs and memorabilia of our town and district from early settlement until present day.Photographs, WWII memorabilia, local community historical records, hand sewn articles from 1890 era, local art, local hospital memorabilia. Sporting achievements, telephone exchange and old telephones, plus more.

The complex consists of a local history museum, railway rolling stock and buildings, and original station homesteads made from hand cut slabs. Collections include a geological display; bottle collection; display of war artefacts and photographs of local service personnel; telecommunications exhibits with a manual exchange and old telephones; and a large collection of old tools and farm machinery.
The Village features original 19th Century buildings and a War Museum with a collection of memorabilia. The Shell House contains one of the largest privately owned collections of shells in Australia. The Village was established to collect and preserve memorabilia, photographs, narratives and recollections of residents of the area.
Our Chinchilla Museum has restored Pioneer cottage - fully furnished. Prickly Pear story from devastation to eradication. Traction steam engines, vintage motor vehicles, horse drawn vehicles, original Chinchilla state school, fully furnished - Two halls containing collection of Memorabilia of yesteryear: fully restored dairy and cream shed.Over 5,000 items on display, including farm machinery, horse drawn vehicles, well appointed library housing history of Chinchilla and its pioneers. First Chinchilla school (1883) on grounds containing early school memorabilia.
Fassifern District Historical Society oversees Templin Historical Village which consists of a country church, a store, house/office, school, dairy, slab hut and other museum buildings grouped around a central green to recreate a village atmosphere. The museum also has a collection of historical items and photographs.Estimated 10,000 items plus 5,000 photos
This historic building (built in 1890) was the home of Henry Plantagenet and Katherine Rose Somerset. Henry was a member of Parliament from 1904-1920. Caboonbah is now the headquarters of the Brisbane Valley Historical Society Inc, and the complex consists of seven buildings: Caboonbah Homestead, Cement Building, Caretakers Cottage (private), the original Worker's Cottage, McGrath Cottage, Police Station and Cell Block. A telemetric service was provided from Caboonbah after the 1893 floods and is still on site and in use.600 collections
The Cooktown Museum is a museum of maritime history with a focus on Cape York/Torres Strait Islands and the surrounding regions. The museum's collection is a tribute to seafaring men who brought civilisation to the Far North. The pioneering history, the gold rush, early cyclones, early discovery, shipping and Chinese migration are just some of the themes depicted in the museum's collection.The collection consists of over 300 photographs and newspaper cuttings; 600 marine specimens including a shell collection; 11 model ships; 5 anchors; 2 gold skips; 8 canoes and other maritime memorabilia.
The Proserpine Historical Museum is the only Cultural Heritage Learning Facility in the region. Museums are now recognised as part of the growing Tourism Market. This Museum is situated on the Bruce Highway, offers one of the few all-weather tourist attractions on the mainland for the entire family. The Proserpine Historical Museum offers a large and well-designed foyer for the benefit of local Artists and Craftspeople to show their works - free of charge for short-term exhibitions. Artists were consulted during the planning stage and their needs in terms of lighting and hanging systems were...
Located in a historic village complex, has a replica fire station with early model mack appliance and hand reel. Museum building contains 5 vintage fire appliance, 1 turntable ladder - models photographs - patches badges - portable equipment.7 vintage fire appliances - equipment Australian and Overseas helmets and uniforms, patches and badges. Australian and Overseas vintage breathing apparatus, portable equipment, early style watchroom, hand drawn reel
The Museum is derived from Britain's first social history museum. It was founded in 1934 in England and was brought to Australia after World War II. After nearly 40 years of storage, it now occupies a new building opened in 1986 near Bribie Island, 40 kilometres North of Brisbane. A fine arts and archaeology museum, the museum's collections cover the history of humankind over the last 500,000 years with original artefacts from Europe, Asia, America and Africa and limited collections from Australia. They include works of art, ceramics, glass, metalwork, textiles, sculpture and paper. Each year...
Situated on the site of the original camping ground of the teamsters on the old Drayton/Toowoomba Road is the Laidley Pioneer Village. It was the first Village Complex in Queensland and for the last 25 years has entertained thousands of visitors and instructed thousands of school children in the ways of our early pioneers. The result of hard work by the Laidley District Historical Society (Inc) it now proudly boasts an authentic pioneer slab cottage; 100 year old school (complete with all requisites); blacksmith's shop; dairy; country store and post office; police cells; the original Shire...
The Museum records the social history of South East Queensland since European settlement. Cleveland was one of the earliest settled areas and for a hundred years was a thriving farming community specialising in fruit and vegetables for the Brisbane area. The Museum presents a range of topics across a total display space of over 1300m2. Travelling exhibitions, community displays and in-house short term exhibitions frequent the temporary space of 74m2.Horse drawn vehicles, farming machinery, textiles and costumes, household equipment, maritime history, WWI & II memorabilia, medical and...
Innisfail museum is housed in the old School of Arts building and occupies two rooms. The collection relates to local history and contains items from all facets of life from the early settlement of Geraldton (name later changed to Innisfail after confusion with Geraldton in Western Australia). Items include personal possessions; rural, recreational, medical, biological, Aboriginal and Chinese artefacts; and a number of early photographs showing cyclone and flood damage, local industries and life in a tropical town.Approximately 2,500 objects and 1,500 photographs
Housed in the relocated old Tolga Railway Station, the Tolga Historical Society have a collection of photographs depicting life during World War II, when Tolga was a major base for troops and for an ambulance train, as well as photos of the activities of the local saw mills which have now ceased operations. Other photos depict local maize farming activities and the building of the nearby maize silos. New showcases have recently been constructed to hold the exhibits. Railway apparatus from the original station is still intact.
Located in the main street adjacent to closed ANZ Bank, Café and B&B, the museum is housed in five buildings which contain a varied collection of items and memorabilia depicting life and activities from the surrounding shire area. The main building contains a reconstructed general store and barber shop, and rooms have been outfitted with furniture depicting a parlour and bedroom from the 1920s. A slab shed, built with materials from local properties, holds mining and agricultural equipment. Many exhibits depict rural life from earlier times, including examples of fencing, a horse works and...
The museum is housed in a building first constructed in 1917 relocated in 1926 to the CBD area, relocated to its present site in 1990, it was known locally as the "Drill Hall" and as well as military use was involved in civil affairs and school examinations, and indoor sports such ad basketball and badminton.Armed forces uniforms, Medals, Vehicles, Weapons, Photographs etc.
A collection of significant historical artefacts and cultural documents (letterbooks, diaries, commissioners circulars police personnel biographies, police station histories and police conference papers relevant to the history of the Queensland Police Service since 1864.2000 artefacts, 2000 papers, books, documents, 3000 photographs.
Housed in former buttery factory. Built in 1919 plus railway buildings moved and railway carriage. Emphasis on dairy industry, ambulance, dolls, railways and anything else connected with the area.Unknown