Historic Display

Situated in the refurbished Old Bond Store, the Movie House runs almost continuous screenings of highlights of Australia's early newsreels, comedy classics and archival shots. At the back of the Theatre is Australia's largest and only working Penny Arcade. Have your fortune told, test your strength and skills, see "what the butler saw" and view a peep show once banned in this country!54 antique penny arcade machines, fully operational
The Italian Historical Society [I.H.S] was established in 1980 to collect, preserve, interpret and foster an understanding of the history and heritage of Italian immigration to Australia. It is the only historical society with this specialization in Australia. The main components of the HIS Collection are the library, the photographic collection, oral histories, letters, documents and official records. Within these collections are the other key sub-categories including diplomatic archives, internment records and newspaper cuttings. The HIS is located symbolically, in the heart of Italian...
The Society's base is the former Municipal Library (1909), an historic building now owned by the Rural City of Horsham. Its collection includes photographs, glass slides, hard copies of local newspapers (from 1882 onwards), a small collection of locally made items, bottles, pottery, family and business histories and local maps. The Society publishes small books on local rural areas, and an annual historical calendar.Estimated 5000 items, plus 10,000 photographs from early 1870's to present day
The Museum is part of the Croydon Library Complex. The collection includes photographs, original paintings and a wedding dress. The Museum helps adults and children to decipher history, and if necessary, assists with historical research.Approximately 500 photos and many other items of historical value
Files, books and photographs of historical and current interest are amongst this collection. A vast collection of costume and memorabilia is stored at the public library. This material forms the basis of special displays which are occasionally mounted in the library foyer.
This classified Station was jointly built by Victoria and South Australia from 1887-1889, on the Disputed Territory. The Station presents displays of local and railway memorabilia. Tours of its fourteen main rooms (including a dungeon) are available by arrangement.
The surfshop provides displays on the history of surfboard riding, with examples of surfboards from ancient Polynesia to the current day. The displays trace the development of shape, style, design and materials. The shop also provides an extensive and interesting historical collection of windsurfing, surfskis, skateboarding and scuba diving equipment.100 + restored items, photographs, new articles
Main Building - collection of Pyramid Hill and District memorabilia yesteryear.
Annex - Machinery, Tools etc
RSL Hall - Display of service memorabilia, honour boards, photos of soldiers etc.
Large collections of photographs and family history archives available for research.Over 500 objects catalogued. Local community archival records. We produce books for family history research from Pyramid Hill Advertiser.
The Society's Museum is house in the former railway station which has been listed by Heritage Victoria. The Photographic and artefact collection related mainly to the state coal mine which operated from 1909 to 1968. Other displays relate to Wonthaggi and the various institutions which shared its history. EG co-operative store, Wonthaggi miners dispensary, union theatre, schools, sporting clubs, Wonthaggi and district hospital miners union and miners woman's auxiliary.1000 photo's (Wonthaggi and district 1909 to present), 3000 artefacts (mining tools, household artefacts, etc), 200 audio...
Historical agricultural machinery used in the district is displayed under cover and is visible at all times. Some of the machinery was manufactured by local blacksmiths etc.Approximately 100 items
This purpose-built Heritage Centre opened in 1990 as the headquarters of the Springvale and District Historical Society Inc. Galleries house temporary and travelling exhibitions. The Historical Society's collection of archives and artefacts relate to the history of the area and features maps, photographs and newspapers.Approximately 200 items and 4000 photographs
The Telegraph Station (1856) was established for the goldfields but now houses a collection of memorabilia relating to early Castlemaine. Working nineteenth century telegraphic equipment is displayed.Approximately 300 items

The former Drysdale Court House (1880) presently houses a local history collection, index of family histories of the peninsula, pioneer index, index of arrivals by ship at Port Henry, court house furnishings, shire honour boards and plaques, cemetery records, early school rolls and agricultural equipment.

The museum takes its name from its world famous grapevine as noted in The Guinness Book of Records. The grapevine, which was planted in 1866 still bears fruit. The museum's exhibits include an antique furniture display, invalid feeding mugs and over 50 jug "samples". Its outdoor displays in reconstructed stables feature a working drag saw and a chaff cuter. The museum is also the site of a fully operating movie theatre, which was built in 1866.Several hundred
Early Stawell newspapers, photographs and records make up this collection which is available for research. (Appointments are advised). Court House Built 1860 (Pheasant Greek Court House).Cemetery Records: Ashens, Burrum Burrum (Banyena), Concongella, Crowlands, Deep Lead, Glenorchy, Gray's Bridge, (Marnoo) Great Western, Navarre, Rupanyup, Stawell (Pleasant Creek). Stawell (One Tree Hill). Church Records: Church of England, St Patrick's Catholic Church, Methodist Church, St Mathew's Presbyterian Church, Stawell Hospital Records, School Records, Stawell & District School Records, Stawell Town...
Our collection is partly ship wreck information and partly local history. Also locally made crafts fro sale.100's of written articles, photos, old kitchen ware, albums of local interest.
The Allwood collection is made up of memorabilia relating to the Hurst and Grey families. Other displays are on shown from time to time, such as found objects of the Caledonia Goldfields.Approximately 100 items.
This double-storeyed century old building features a beautiful staircase, tiling and doors, and stained glass windows. Some original fire places still remain. Entry includes a guided tour of this magnificent building.The display of war memorabilia from World War I and World War II is housed in two rooms of the building. There is also an extensive library. Also large collection of Photographs and Glass Slides.
This Museum is housed in the 1873 Methodist church. It features furniture from the courthouse, kitchenware, and a large chair collection. Some local history research facilities are also available.1500 items, 2000 photographs, 1000 archive items
To preserve in our Museum memorabilia of Pentridge and Coburg. To encourage in our local schools an interest in Coburg History.2000 items, 3 000 photographs. his bluestone building (on the register of Victorian Historic Buildings) houses a range of local history material, including extensive records of early land transactions in Coburg and Pentridge, photographs of the district and of Pentridge Prison. Artefacts relating to early Coburg are displayed and include two sets of Coburg Mayoral Robes and Town Clerk's Robes. Front room dedicated to "Australia Remembers" displays of both world war...