Historic Display

This former Courthouse built in 1914 holds a collection of small domestic and agricultural artefacts on display and features a War Memorial Room. Documents include family, school, church, district, shire, sports and railway histories as well as ndividual files. Family research for inquiries is undertaken, using local resources and index of papers. Minute books of local organisations are stored safely. The museum also holds a collection of local historical objects.1300 photos and 500 artefacts and paper items all catalogued. Local community archival records in storage boxes; school registers...
An extensive range of early photographs, documents, books and memorabilia of the Dromana, Safety Beach, Red Hill, Red Hill South Rosebud, Boneo, Arthurs Seat, and Main Ridge areas are kept by the Society.Approximately 2000 historical photographs and 500 objects
Commenced in 1866, this building has been devoted to supporting deaf children continuously except when evacuated during WWII, until the present time. The heritage building is still being used for its original purpose. It is one of the few remaining historical buildings still standing, of significance to the deaf community.Photos, books, documents, hearing aids, original register of students, continuous minutes from 1862 to present day, heritage building significant to deaf community.
The authentic site and buildings of this inland port which feature an historic red gum wharf. The collection includes a fleet of barges, original river paddle-steamers, railway carriages, locomotives and a selection of allied steam machinery. A museum shed houses a variety of maritime artefacts. Cruises are available on three working steamers.Approximately 3 working historic steamers plus a museum shed with artefacts
A large collection of vehicles from 1900 to models of the 1950s and 1960s, together with a collection of memorabilia, are displayed in a large galvanised iron building designed to look like an old time garage. More vehicles awaiting restoration are displayed outside, at the rear of the building. Vehicles being restored can be viewed in a modern workshop.Over 100 historic vehicles in various stages of restoration, with 20 fully restored
Housed in the Old School Building (c1870), the El Dorado Museum includes a collection of domestic items, mining relics, memorabilia, farming machinery and tools of trade. Photographs show the development of mining in the area. Members of the Trust are available to meet and provide information to tour buses and school groups at the Gold Dredge.Estimate 3 school rooms and several thousand items, plus large shed of carriages and farming machinery, including a blacksmith shop
Built in 1858 of local honey coloured granite, the Beechworth Courthouse was converted to a museum in 1991. The original furniture and fittings are complemented by information on the history of the courthouse and displays on the police, judiciary and bushrangers.Approximately 200 items
The Museum is housed in a Trust National Building, which is currently undergoing restoration. There are many maritime objects, including models of ships and a scale model of "Gerberus". We also have early clothing, domestic articles, an historic signature quilt from World War I, which has been to Sydney on loan. We also have a sound effects machine, thousands of photographs, silverware, WWI memorabilia, family research and a bi-monthly newsletter.World War I memorabilia including a signature quilt made by the women of Williamstown including Jacka's signature. We have archival records,...
This collection focuses on the history of Kew. Changing displays feature, artefacts, early scenes of Kew, (including tapestries and photographs), costumes (women's and children's) and an important collection of mayoral portraits. One of the tapestries illustrating the history of Kew, is on permanent display in the Library.Approximately 300 items
A library and large collection of material from the Philippines, including books, paintings, sculpture, musical instruments, tapestries, textiles, crafts, costumes, photographs and domestic items are housed in this purpose-built exhibition Gallery. Philippines House is one of many cultural attractions at International Village.Estimated 100 rare volumes of books
Darnum Musical Village represents a typical nineteenth century Australian village. A superb collection of musical instruments is housed in this colonial settings where panoramic views complement beautiful village gardens. Fine crafts are demonstrated in the restoration workshop.Approximately 300 items
This research centre houses photographs, newspapers and mixed memorabilia depicting Portland's social history, and resources for tracing Family History. The building is an 1863 construction of bluestone with slate roof.Photographs, portraits, Portland publications , household goods, tools, cemetery indices, clothing, Henty Plough.
The Melbourne Cricket Club Museum is an accredited museum (since 1998) and holds a collection of primarily cricket related material, although there are significant holdings in the areas of Australian Rules football and MCC and MCG history. The Museum also houses a fine collection of English ceramics and prints, which depict cricket and date from the 18th century. On every non-event day MCG Tours depart regularly from the Great Southern Stand foyer (located on Street level, Brunton Avenue near Light Tower 4), between 10am and 3pm. Highlight of the tour include: Players change rooms; Cricket...
The Stawley Athenaeum and Library is an historical brick building, of Main Hall and Back Room, erected in 1874. The main Hall of the building houses the Library collection of books which deal with all types of subjects. The books are housed in shelves around walls of building. A collection of early photographs of Stawley also on display. Library contains assorted historic library tables and other period furniture. The building is classified by the National Trust of Australia, and is entered on the Australian Heritage Register. The Building is used for Public meetings and functions. The...
The institute was established in 1973 to promote and encourage the study of genealogy, heraldry, family history and allied subjects throughout Australia. The institute maintains a reference and research library to assist members and the general public. It also contains an archive devoted to the history of Australian families. The institute conducts regular meetings, courses of lectures and seminars covering various aspects of genealogy and family history. Members make records and indexes of monumental inscriptions and other genealogical source material and regularly publish the results in...
Displayed at the Colac Historical Centre, the collection of eighty four historic bottles from Colac and its districts is on permanent loan to the City of Colac.84 Bottles
The first fully accredited (map) private museum in Australia.Over 700 domestic pottery pieces from Australia, representing over 80 companies throughout Australia from the 19th century are on display.
Historic Former Methodist buildings (CATD Memorial); with extensive archives (Methodist, Presbyterian, Congressional, Uniting Church); Small historical display and reference library. Archive financed by SYNOD of Victoria and staffed by volunteers. Part of national network of archives in Uniting Church. Undertakes research for a fee. Linked with UCA Historical Society (VIC) in Lectures and displays.A Fairly complete Methodist collection with significant holdings of Congregational and Presbyterian material and a collection of Uniting Church Archives at state and local level.
Only museum in Australia with the Vietnam War as the main focus. Situated in a main tourist area with easy access and parking. School bus tours and other groups cared for. BBQ meal arrangements provided on request.Items in the museum vary from 6 wheel drive trucks, to letters sent home by soldiers. All items have been donated by veterans and the museum is operated 7 days a week by Vietnam Veterans
The Tilly Aston Heritage Collection is owned by Vision Australia Foundation, an organisation that has operated as a service provider for blind and vision impaired people since 1895. The collection's namesake, Tilly Aston, co founded the Association for the Advancement of the Blind (now Vision Australia Foundation), at the age of 21 and successfully obtained voting rights, transport concessions and a pension for blind people in addition to free postage for Braille material. Many of these achievements were at the forefront of worldwide change. The heritage collection represents this amazing...