Historic Display

This museum is part Holy Trinity, Garrison Church the first military settlement with maps. The military section shows memorabilia from Boer War to Gulf War inclusive.Sydney's early history photos of people and places. Inclusive is first Prime Minister who attended this hall when it was a Parish School, as well as Cedric Immanuel prints, paintings of Rocks, maps of early Sydney, medal, WW2 uniforms, etc.
The Society collects and display objects from the Gloucester District that were associated with education.This weatherboard building was constructed in 1936. It was a Department of Education building from 1936 to 1969 and was originally located at Upper Bowman (near Gloucester). On the closure of the one teacher school, the Society moved the building to its current site and set it up as a school museum.
The building is known as the "Sergeants Residence" and was constructed in about 1871. It adjoins the police complex. The museum contains many aspects of the social life of this area; including an early bedroom, an early dining room, an early kitchen, two rooms depicting aspects of early life in this area, part of the early courthouse, a chemist shop, a hospital room, a blacksmiths shop and an agricultural machinery exhibit.An historical collection of Queanbeyan and district, ranging back well into the 1800's. This collection is strictly applicable to Queanbeyan and district.
Historical Cottage built in 1887. Corrugated iron and log sheds (shearing Shed Style). Extensive collections maintained, restored, conserved by volunteers. Special exhibitions arranged in line with community events such as a wool display for prime stock day and a "1901" theme for the centenary of federation.Local rural community archival religions and phonographs. Historical cottage with turn of the century display. i.e. Kitchen with old fuel stove, meat safes, butter churning, china, lace, linen, silver teapots. Antique farming machinery, office equipment, sulkies harness etc.
This is only a new building having been officially opened in September 1991. It is situated about 100 yards from the main street through town and though only small , all collections are quite unique and graphically depict the displays they represent.Gerringong Museum's strength lies in a series of small, though compact displays. As we are a dairying district this exhibit takes pride of place, includes types of cattle and tools. A Geology and Fauna display. Models of early shops - an exhibit of Kingsford Smiths "Southern Cross" and records of Pioneer families.
Buildings include; the old lockup and residence (1870) which houses the museum; and the Sergeant's Residence which is the research centre. Next door is the old Court House (pre 1900). The society researches and publishes historical material relevant to Scone and district, creates special exhibitions (Australia Day, Horse Festival) and collects material relevant to the district.Estimated 20,000 objects plus records and photographs.
The Museum building was constructed in 1909. It was opened in 1910 as the Gloucester Shire Council Chambers. The Council occupied the building until 1959. It then became a private residence until 1984 when the Gloucester District Historical Society Inc. purchased it. The building is listed in the Register of the National Trust of Australia (NSW).The Society collects and displays objects from the Gloucester District. Objects are, Australian domestic items, textiles, toys, military memorabilia, geological specimens, tools and photographs of activities, events and scenes of the Gloucester
Museum is situated in the historic railway station dated 1883. Centre of Nyngan, on the Mitchell Highway, group visit, ex. School's various clubs, meeting place. Audio system's with pioneer tapes. Video on 1990 flood. Reading machine with old local paper dated from 1898 to 1994. Girilambone copper mines display, of types of ore and working. Barber shop. Bob Giddy from 1904. 1969 flood photo and history.History of Nyngan in writing. Photographs, 2 audio, room, tape record.

The Museum is a former Methodist church and rebuilt slab settlers cottage furnished with Australian colonial furniture, mostly home made & original. It contains displays pertaining to the family histories of people from the Laralga district.Local history eg. Machinery used for dairying, potato growing, cropping etc. Photographs of local interest. Books from now closed stores, ledgers etc.

Housed in the East Wing of the historical Bathurst Court House in the centre of the city. Opposite King's Parade, the Carillon, Evans Memorial and Boer War Memorial. Enclosed at the back by the beautiful and historical Machattie Park. In an area surrounded by many well preserved historical buildings in the city's conservation area.Collection of late 19th Century and 20th Century items from Bathurst and surrounding districts. Excellent photographic collection. Excellent collection of rare Ben Chifley memorabilia including many personal items.
Emmaville mining museum has been an extensive collection of minerals and gems from the Emmaville area and around the world. It also contains the world reknown Curnow collectionTh Curnow Collection is the bulk of our collection, which is made up of mineral specimens and photographs. There is also a Chinese element to our museum.
The care and preservation of Pipe Organs from the movie theatres of the 1920's as a means of entertainment. Concerts are presented on Wurlitzer Pipe Organs every 6-8 weeks, featuring local, interstate and overseas theatre organists. Membership to the society is invited.Wurlitzer Pipe Organ originally installed in the Prince Edward Theatre, Sydney in 1924, now in the Marrickville Town Hall. Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, originally installed in the Capitol Theatre, Sydney in 1928, now in the Orion Centre at Campsie.
Original Glen Innes Hospital (Heritage listed) with over 10,000 displays from local Pioneer families including a slab hut inside the museum; 250,000 (minimum) Archive records on early settlers, businesses, council, properties, 10,000 original photos of early days.WW II memorabilia, slab Hut, Horse drawn vehicles, colonial rooms, costumes from 1800's
The museum building is important due to its age and place in Albury's history. There is an active program of events, talks, and school holiday programs. The museum also collaborates with the local Charles Sturt University and other knowledge based institutions and historical societies. Plans for a purpose-built museum in the city centre as part of a cultural precinct are underway.A varied collection from thimbles to Sunshine harvesters. Approximately 18,000 objects. Two significant collections are the Bonegilla Collection and the McPherson photographic collection.
The exhibition is housed in a large shed located in the grounds of historic Mamre homestead that was built in the 1820s by colonial pastoralist Reverend Samuel Marsden. Other historic locations nearby include E.G. Blaxland's farm, South Creek Park, Bennett's wagon and Bronte House.Record albums contain over 3,000 traditional and contemporary Australian folk songs. Display of 150 album covers in unique displays. Many rare recordings. Specially painted murals depict convict and pioneer life. Replica of Ned Kelly's armour.
The Blue Mountains Historical Society's premises are on the site of a 50 acre grant of land to John McLaughlin, a Sydney solicitor and member of the Legislative Council in 1879. This historic cottage, "Tarella", which was built by him in 1890, is the oldest cottage on the northern side of Wentworth Falls. The cottage rooms are set up in the period of the early 1900s with many items belonging to the McLaughlin family, who were the sole owners prior to the BMHS ownership in 1988.

The modern premises consist of the Research Centre, which holds over 10,000 local records of people, places and...
An early-this-century Central Queensland railway station containing railway station working equipment relevant to the steam train era and historic photos of local railway establishment around 1890-1900 era.Approximately 100-150 items and historic photographs
Currently, the collection comprises of historic lighthouse (complete) which was relocated from Pine Islet in the Percy Isles. The restoration of the lighthouse to full operational status on its present site was completed in late 1995, and formally opened on 20 January 1996.
The building was a Bicentennial gift to Nundah. Volunteers from the Nundah and Districts Historical Society maintain records (photographs, maps, documents etc.) of the area from Virginia to Breakfast Creek and from Nundah east to Moreton Bay. The Society and the Centre promote within the community a knowledge of the history and heritage of this area, through a program of displays at the Centre and local festivals.
This is a rural museum which tries to preserve a way of life from early settlement. A collection of early farm machinery, tractors, wool presses, blacksmithing tools, picture show projectors and dairy equipment is on display. Corn threshing by machine and by hand is demonstrated on open day, as well as rope making and spinning.300 documents, 200 photographs, 100 farm machines, 20 Aboriginal artefacts