Victorian College of the Arts Collection and Gallery

The Collection of the Victorian College of the Arts has been formed from the institution's earliest days as the National Gallery School of Art, and consists of works of art in most media acquired from students and staff of the School of Art, together with works by visiting artists and donations.

Ballarat Tramway Museum

The museum is accredited under the Victorian Museum Accreditation Program. It operates the original Ballarat Vintage Tramway system within the Botanical Gardens Reserve.

Ballan Shire Historical Society

The Society's collection is housed in the Ballan Court House. Built in 1873 and closed in 1983, the Court House was re-opened in 1990 as a local history record and resource centre.

Geoffrey Kaye Museum of Anaesthetic History

A collection of anaesthetic equipment and memorabilia illustrating the development of anaesthesia since its introduction in 1846.3000 items

Ambleside Park

Some rooms in the homestead and the outbuildings contain period furnishings, fittings or equipment. There are also displays of photographs and artefacts (including agricultural equipment) relating to the history of Knox.

Hazelman Cottage

The Hazelman family were early pioneers in the Kyabram district. Their four-roomed mud brick and slab timber cottage is situated within the Fauna Park and now contains an interesting collection of memorabilia, photographs and period furniture.

Serviceton Railway Station Management Committee

This classified Station was jointly built by Victoria and South Australia from 1887-1889, on the Disputed Territory. The Station presents displays of local and railway memorabilia. Tours of its fourteen main rooms (including a dungeon) are available by arrangement.

Seymour and District Historical Society Inc

Housed in the original free library, built in 1875, the museums strength is its local history collection.The society holds a range of research material including family and local histories, photographs, newspapers, rate books, cemetery records, memorabilia and public and microfiche records.

Peninsula Surf Centre

The surfshop provides displays on the history of surfboard riding, with examples of surfboards from ancient Polynesia to the current day. The displays trace the development of shape, style, design and materials.

Pyramid Hill and District Historical Museum

Main Building - collection of Pyramid Hill and District memorabilia yesteryear.
Annex - Machinery, Tools etc
RSL Hall - Display of service memorabilia, honour boards, photos of soldiers etc.

Portarlington Mill

Constructed in 1857 when the Bellarine Peninsula was an important grain growing area, this Mill was one of the first to use steam power. When it closed in 1874 the machinery was sent to the Wimmera. The building now houses pioneer and militaria artefacts.5000 objects

Berwick Pakenham Historical Society Inc

The Museum in John St Pakenham shares a common foyer with the Pakenham Library and houses books, paintings, plans, photos, clothes, old household objects, histories and council memorabilia.2000 items, many photographs. Good collection of local area.

Robinswood Historic Homestead

This small historic house was the home of the Cuttle family, founders of Robinvale. Memorabilia of the Cuttle family, especially Robin Cuttle for whom the town is named are displayed, together with some documents and photographs of the town twinning with Villers-Bretonneux.50 items

National Wool Museum

A historic bluestone wool store (1872) houses this Museum, which depicts the story of wool in Australia. Themes explore wool in the contexts of agriculture, textiles, manufacturing, science and technology, arts, craft, literature and history.

Gulf Station, Yarra Glen

Gulf Station is a complete farm complex of timber slab and shingle buildings dating from the mid 1850s. The homestead has a small but intricate garden of mid-Victorian design and within the complex are collections of farm tools and domestic artefacts.

Buninyong and District Historical Society

Buninyong is one of Victoria;s oldest communities, pre-dating gold discovery in 1851. Many historic buildings remain in this heritage township, and the historical society maintains three of these - the 1858 former courthouse, the 1884 courthouse (now the History Centre) and the 1860 Old Library.

Powder Magazine

This was one of several government magazines built for the safe storage of gunpowder towards the end of the 1850s when surface gold mining became exhausted and blasting was required. Miners lodged gunpowder in the magazine, paying a small rent for the service.20 objects.