Apollo Bay Old Cable Station Museum

Apollo Bay Old Cable Station Museum is housed in the Cable Station built in 1936 as the mainland terminal to the first undersea telephone link to Tasmania. The Museum is operated by the Apollo Bay and District Historical Society Inc.Approximately 5,000 photographs

Linton and District Museum

Located in a restored funeral parlour, the collection includes over 2,000 photographs and local documents, bank deposits (1861-1890), newspapers and memorabilia.

Allwood House Inc

The Allwood collection is made up of memorabilia relating to the Hurst and Grey families. Other displays are on shown from time to time, such as found objects of the Caledonia Goldfields.Approximately 100 items.

Rio Vista Historic House

Built in 1889, this 3 storey mansion was the home of William Benjamin Chaffey, who was instrumental in the introduction of irrigation in Australia. Many of the original furnishings remain intact. Displays feature Chaffey family memorabilia and other historical artefacts.

Maldon Museum and Archives Association Inc

In 1964 this historic building (c.1859) was converted into a museum. It had initially been the Maldon market, and then served as the shire hall and council chambers for a century.

Monash University Gallery

A public art gallery that performs an informational and educational role within the campus and public communities. It provides annual program of exhibitions accompanied by catalogues and events, which critically interpret and document recent Australian visual art practice.1200 artworks

Lancefield Court House Museum

The collection includes artefacts, documents, machinery and many photographs related to the district.200 items, 600 photos, local newspapers 1872-1940

Stawell Sub-Branch RSL War Museum

This double-storeyed century old building features a beautiful staircase, tiling and doors, and stained glass windows. Some original fire places still remain.

Stratford and District Museum

This Museum is housed in the 1873 Methodist church. It features furniture from the courthouse, kitchenware, and a large chair collection. Some local history research facilities are also available.1500 items, 2000 photographs, 1000 archive items

The Briars Park

The Briars Park is one of the Mornington Peninsula's oldest properties. The park, a wonderful example of cultural landscape, contains an 1840's Homestead which houses a Napoleonic Collection and various out buildings that were required in early pioneer times.

Blacksmith's Cottage and Forge (Bookbarn) Complex

Maintenance of complex: Buildings to house furniture/Artefacts in the style of the turn of the century. Cottage is pre-gold rush sandstone and weatherboard.

Herons Reef Historic Gold Diggings

These authentic gold diggings date from the 1850s to the 1930s and are classified by the National Trust of Australia(Vic).

Talbot Arts and Historical Museum

The Museum opened in 1984 in the former Primitive Church. The Church is an 1870 blustone building which is part of the historic government precinct of the town. It contains many historic buildings which feature in photo displays in the museum.

Harcourt Valley Heritage Centre

Housed in an old ANA lodge the collection has proved useful to those studying local and family histories. A feature of the Centre are displays depicting the histories of the granite quarries and apple orchards of the area. Books on the local history are available for purchase.

Mt. Alexander Hospital History Room

Still operating today as part of the Mt Alexander Hospital, this Gothic-style brick building has featured prominently in Castlemaine's history since the gold rush and was formerly used as the Castlemaine Benevolent Asylum.