Beechworth Carriage Museum

Housed in one of the few remaining examples of early prefabricated building techniques is a collection of 20 horse-drawn vehicles and harnesses recalling transport of the 19th and early 20th centuries.A hearse, built and used in Beechworth, a 1906 fire-cart and a Cobb and Co.

Ouyen Local History Resource Centre

The Local History Resource Centre was established in 1984 as part of the Victoria 150th Celebrations. The collection is housed in the former Ouyen Courthouse building which it shares with the Mallee Genealogical Society.

Railway Station Museum

The Society's Museum is house in the former railway station which has been listed by Heritage Victoria. The Photographic and artefact collection related mainly to the state coal mine which operated from 1909 to 1968.

Rochester Historical and Pioneer Society Museum

The restored Common School (1874) and the Salvation Army Hall (1926) now form a historical complex which is used by the Society for displays and the storage of local heritage items of historical value.Approximately 600-1000 items

McCrae Homestead and Museum

The Homestead has been carefully restored and furnished in keeping with the period 1844-1851. It particularly reflects the enterprise and resourcefulness of Georgiana McCrae, diarist, artist, and musician, who raised eight children in the adverse conditions of pioneering life.

Donald Agricultural Museum

Historical agricultural machinery used in the district is displayed under cover and is visible at all times. Some of the machinery was manufactured by local blacksmiths etc.Approximately 100 items

Old Police Station

The Museum is the restored original Police Station. It is gradually being developed and at present includes the original portable cell, stables and a kitchen. An original shepherd's hut has been re-erected on this site along with an original camp oven.Approximately 100 items

Gardens Cottage

Situated in the Botanical Gardens, this two storey bluestone cottage was the home of the Portland Botanical Gardens' curator. It features a bedroom, nursery, kitchen, parlour and annexe.

Springvale and District Historical Society Inc

This purpose-built Heritage Centre opened in 1990 as the headquarters of the Springvale and District Historical Society Inc. Galleries house temporary and travelling exhibitions.

Pioneers and Old Residents Association

The Telegraph Station (1856) was established for the goldfields but now houses a collection of memorabilia relating to early Castlemaine. Working nineteenth century telegraphic equipment is displayed.Approximately 300 items

Creswick Historical Museum

A treasure trove of information on local and district families and social life. mining records and memorabilia of gold rush and deep lead mining. Art works provide a significant insight into the cultural heritage of the area.

Worsley Cottage Complex

The complex consists of a Victorian hand built stone cottage (by Arthur Worsley), furnished in the period and complemented by display areas depicting Maryborough's history from 1854 as well as Alfred and George Joyce's squatters' slab hut, now on the Register of the National Estate, and believed

Broadmeadows Historical Society Collection

This purpose-built building was opened in 1991 and includes a Viewing Room, Archives Room and a Committee Room. The collection includes documents, photographs, slides and a map cabinet.Approximately 51 coloured photos and 360 black and white photographs plus 10 videos and 10 radio cassettes

Wildlife Wonderlands Giant Earthworm Museum

An all indoor world first attraction in its own right where you can view live giant earthworms up to 3 metres long. Twenty displays take you on a tour of discovery where the mysterious underworld is revealed.

Heritage Hill Museum & Historic Gardens

Heritage Hill is a unique historic precinct located in the heart of Dandenong featuring three century old buildings and 2 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. St James Anglican Church (1864); Laurel Lodge (1869); and Benga Oral History Centre and Garden (1936).

Bendigo Gasworks

The Bendigo Gasworks were constructed during 1859-1860 under the direction of engineer Alexander K Smith, and remained in operation until 1973. The site is an internationally significant example of an entire provincial gasworks.

Portland 1889 Battery

The Battery was built to defend Victoria against a feared Russian invasion in 1889. A small collection of photographs and memorabilia are on display, while the underground Magazine and Lamp Passage are accessible by ladder.