New South Wales

New South Wales

Settlers Museum

The museum was built in 1872 of bricks made in Brewarrina. In June 1999 the museum will move down the street into the bowling club building, with tourism and information.Approx 1000 items and 400 photos.

Manning Regional Art Gallery

The Manning Regional Art Gallery has an ongoing program of temporary exhibitions of regional, national and international sources and significance. The community is, involved in the gallery exhibitions, workshops, performances etc.

'Armadillo' Aero Nautica Museum

The museum contains an extensive collection of aeronautical items: aircraft engines, a paratroop scooter, Air Force flying and survival articles, badges, insignia and medals from all countries and time periods.

Land of the Beardies History House Museum and Archival Centre

A large 24 room folk museum established in the old Glen Innes Hospital. Land of the Beardies houses a very wide and representative collection of objects, artefacts and documents dating back to early settlement in the 1840s.

Fort Scratchley Historical Society

The Fort Scratchley Historic Site is a nineteenth century Coast Defence Fort, constructed in 1882 and extensively modernised in 1892 and then again in 1910.

Museum of the History of Science, UNSW

The collection consists primarily of scientific and technical instruments and related artefacts, the earliest dating from the early nineteenth century. Some of these items have a provenance relating them to prominent scientists or instrument makers of the past.

Tumut and District Historical Museum

The museum's local history collection includes furniture, clothing, books, china, machinery and photos. These items are displayed in a bedroom, parlour and sewing room of a 1920s house and in an extension.

The Willows and Ned Kelly Post Office

Ned Kelly Post Office is the original telegraph office which Ned Kelly and his gang sabotaged in February 1879. The Willows houses local archives and items of farming and local historical significance.500 items

Penrith Regional Art Gallery and The Lewers Bequest

This art gallery was formerly the home and workplace of artists Margo and Gerald Lewers. The permanent collection is an important survey of the development of Modernism in Australian art from the early 1930s to the late 1970s.

Museum of Pathology

The Museum of Pathology was founded in 1883 at the University of Sydney. It currently contains about 1600 specimens and is housed in the Blackburn Building.


Neotsfield was established from a land grant to Henry Dangar in 1825. The main house and stables were constructed from sun dried bricks made on site by convict labour. The eastern and western wings were added a little later to provide a U shaped courtyard.

Addington - Ryde House of Heritage

'Addington' is Australia's oldest remaining settlers cottage, pre-dating 1800. The house contains a collection of regional historic memorabilia, particularly memorabilia relating to Boy Scout and Girl Guide activity within the Ryde and surrounding districts.

Great Lakes Historical Society Museum

The Great Lakes Historical Museum has a fine display of historic buildings from the Great Lakes area including the original National Bank at Forster (a 1940's cottage); the Tuncurry Public school, built in 1886; the Cheers family cottage, built in the 1940s; and the original Tuncurry police stati

Macleay Museum

The collection was given to the University of Sydney in 1887 by Sir William John Macleay, and incorporated the natural history and ethnographic collections of three members of the Macleay family.

Braidwood Museum

The museum is in a granite 2 storeyed building - the Royal Hotel 1845. It was owned by surveyor James Larmer who accompnied Mitchell on exploration trips and surveyed all the South East of the colony.

Dobell House

The home and studio (1942-1970) of the late three times Archibald Prize winner, Sir William Dobell, and his sister, Thirza Alice, is maintained by local volunteers as a memorial museum.