South Australia

South Australia

Old Council Chambers

The Museum houses items of farming, local industries and items of household use for the last 100 years. A large collection of bulldog tractors and other large farm implements can be viewed, while household items and photographs are held in the Old Council Chambers.600-1,000 items

Umoona Opal Mine and Museum

The Museum has a pictorial display depicting the history of Aboriginal and European settlement of Coober Pedy, as well as all facets of old and new ways of opal mining. The interpretative centre amplifies Aboriginal Dreamtime and European influences.

Uleybury School Museum

The Museum has been developed in the old One Tree Hill School building, c1854 (previously Uleybury School) as a classroom containing educational furniture and material through the years. There is also a craft shed with displays of children's art/craft.

Art Gallery of South Australia

Established in 1881, the Art Gallery of South Australia houses the state's collection of Australian, European and Asian Art. In addition to the collection displays, the gallery hosts a regular program of temporary exhibitions, public talks and children's activities.40,000 plus items

Dingley Dell, Adam Lindsay Gordon's Cottage

Cottage was built in 1862 from solid limestone blocks. All window frames, door frames and skirting board are still original - the only original floor remains in the bedroom (baltic pine). All other floors are replaced.n/a

Waite Arboretum

The Waite Arboretum, established in 1928, comprises 30 hectares of 2,500 labelled trees and shrubs from all over the world grown under natural rainfall. The Arboretum is located just 10 minutes drive from the centre of Adelaide.

Old Council Chambers Museum

Building former East Torrens Council Chambers built in 1902-3. Collection - artifacts relating to local fruit growing and market gardening industries and families. Occasional special displays are mounted.


The focal point is the original Chaffey homestead built in 1889, using a unique pine log method of construction. The house has been tastefully furnished and decorated with period artefacts.

Latvian Museum

The museum's collection reflects the heritage of the post WW2 immigrants who brought their culture and art to Australia from Latvia. There are various art forms on display including Latvian national costumes with elaborate patterns that once expressed religious and mystical ideas.

Gumeracha and District History Centre Inc

The Gumeracha and District History Centre is situated in the Library Complex, Albert Street Gumeracha. Comprising of the whole of the Torrens Valley Ward of the Adelaide Hills Council (formerly Gumeracha Council).

West Torrens Railway Signal, Telegraph & Aviation Museum

The museum's focus is on railway siganlling & safe working, telegraphic communications, aviation communications & navigation, and aviation pioneers, particularly of South Australia.

Kingston Historic House

Historic building. Development Committee and group of volunteers working to restore the house to original state.

Royal Geographical Society of South Australia

The Royal Geographical Society of South Australia is located in the State Library of South Australia on North Terrace, Adelaide. Founded in 1885 to further the exploration of South Australia, today the society's emphasis is on the natural and cultural environment.

HMS Buffalo

We are a total replica of the HMS Buffalo ship, containing many items pertaining to the voyage that brought the first settlers to Australia.Maritime Objects. History of voyage of HMS Buffalo, convict ship 1836.

Bluey Blundstone's Blacksmith Shop

Bluey Blundstone's Blacksmith shop was built in 1865 in Melrose, South Australia. Melrose is the oldest town in the Flinders Ranges, first settled with the discovery of copper in 1846. This is just 10 years after South Australia was proclaimed a state.

Bon Accord Mine Complex

The museum is a National Trust property. It is located on the remains of the Bon Accord Mine site and incorporates the original mine office and workshop (c1859) The Bon Accord Mine commenced operations in 1846 and ceased in 1863.